South Africa :: Northern Cape (Namakwaland)
Category: Attraction :: Place of Worship
Be the first to submit a link
The Old Cathedral, surrounded by date palms, has a curiously Arabian atmosphere. Using an encyclopaedia as their building manual, it took Fathers J M Simon and Leo Wolf, two missionaries, seven years to complete from 1888 to 1895. Their graves can be found on the church grounds. Today tours are offered where all the history of the area and the cathedral is given.
|Address :||Pella, Namakwaland, South Africa|
|Type of Place of Worship :||Cathedral|
Be the first to leave a comment.
Be the first to submit a link or media file