Namibia :: South Namibia
:: Keetmanshoop Area
Category: Land Mark :: Crater
Be the first to submit a link
Rising to 650m the volcanic crater of Brukkaros towers over the expanse of bare, flat plains that surround it. It has a classic volcano shape, clearly visible west of the B1. Early 1900 the Germans used the eastern side of the crater as the base for a heliograph. Then later, in the early 1930s, a solar observatory was built on the western side, taking advantage of the clear air and lack of artificial lights nearby. Today the crater is returned to its pure natural beauty. (Source: Bradt Guide).
|Address :||South Namibia, Namibia|
Be the first to leave a comment.
Be the first to submit a link or media file