Mozambique :: Mozambique
Category: Land Mark :: Island
Be the first to submit a link
The Island has been an area for slave and ivory trade, and the town was a large slave port. It has been under Portuguese and Omani Arab rule, and was the second most important trading centre. The town gained municipal status in 1763, and the Portuguese left in 1975. Since the capital district was moved to Port Amelia, the town and Island has been in a slow decline.
|Cellphone Reception :||Good||Main Cellular Network :||MCell. Movitel|
|Police Station :||Yes|
|Tourist Information :||Yes|
|Petrol :||Yes||Petrol Price Index :||70MZM/lt (May-13)|
|Diesel :||Yes||Diesel Price Index :||60MZM/lt (May-13)|
|Facilities :||General Dealer, Internet Cafe, Tour Services, Lodging, Camping, Bakery, Restaurant, Airport, Airstrip|
Petrol and Diesel - Poor quality and available in small quantities. (May-13).
Be the first to upload an image.
Be the first to leave a comment.
Be the first to submit a link or media file